Experience in working with COVID-19 vaccine clinics; experience working with individuals with HIV/AIDS
- Certified HIV pharmacist (AAHIVP Credential, American Association of HIV Medicine)
- Expert in clinical management of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C and public health within the pharmacy realm
- 10 years' experience as a clinical pharmacist at the Maternal, Child and Adolescent/Adult Center for Infectious
- Diseases and Virology, a family-centered HIV clinic at LAC+USC Medical Center
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 and pharmacy
- Vaccine confidence, vaccine hesitancy, risks and concerns
Carla Blieden, PharmD, MPH, AAHIVP, has joined the faculty of the Titus Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy as an assistant professor of clinical pharmacy, effective Oct. 1, 2019. She also serves as the director of student outreach and community health.
Blieden is a certified HIV pharmacist and has almost a decade of experience as a clinical pharmacist at the Maternal Child and Adolescent/Adult Center for Infectious Diseases and Virology, a family-centered HIV clinic at LAC+USC Medical Center. Her primary focuses at USC School of Pharmacy include integrating public health education into the curriculum and precepting students and residents at her clinical practice sites at LAC+USC Medical Center.