John P. Wilson
- Director, Spatial Sciences Institute, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Professor, Department of Sociology, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Professor, School of Architecture
- Professor, Departments of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Computer Science, USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine at USC
- Co-Director, Climate and Health Working Group, Exposure Sciences Research Core, and External Factors Facility Core, Southern California Environmental Health Sciences Center
- Co-Director, Center for Knowledge-Powered Interdisciplinary Data Science
- Spatial Sciences Lead, Clinical Research Informatics, Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute
Expert in environmental modeling, geodesign, geohealth, and spatial data science
- Geographic information science
- Modeling coupled human-environment systems
- Population, health and place
- Spatial analytics
- Spatial data science
- Spatial and environmental modeling
- Sustainability science
- An internationally recognized leader in research on spatial perspectives about human health, sustainability and the environment.
- John and the professional staff, visiting scholars, post-doctoral researchers, and graduate and undergraduate research students affiliated with the Wilson Map Lab provide spatial analytics and models to help inform how we can build healthy communities and more resilient and sustainable rural and urban landscapes.
- John is the founding editor-in-chief of Transactions in GIS.
- John is also the editor-in-chief for the Geographic Information Science and Technology Body of Knowledge project sponsored by the University Consortium for Geographic Information Science.
- John is also a Professor in the Institute for Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research that is part of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China.